Tuesday, August 4, 2009
Nokia 5530 - touchscreen, music-centric smartphone
Nokia announced the Nokia 5530 Xpress Music, a music-focused phone race touchscreen S60 5th edition. It will be available from 3rd quarter 2009 for € 200. It is 2.9 inches (640 x 360) touchscreen, 3.2 megapixel camera, accelerometer, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio and is 4 GB with a memory card. The home screen 20 has a contact mini carousel to communication and conversation history a button away. The media bar menu offers quick access to key phone functions, such as music, photos, video, and web parts. In fact, 5530 is a cut version of the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music with a small screen, no 3G connectivity, and no GPS. Read on to learn more.
Important information on the phone
Touncscreen * 2.9 inches (640 x 360, 16 million colors) with tactile feedback.
* Phone dimensions: 104 x 49 x 13 mm (68 cc) and 107g.
* Operates on S60 5th Edition Symbian OS 9.4. This is the 3rd Nokia S60 5th Edition and follows the Nokia 5800 and Nokia N97.
* The home screen with shortcuts, mini-music player and Contacts Bar - Nokia "person-centered user interface, with easy access to the communication options and history. The Media Bar menu offers quick access to key phone functions.
* Quad-band GSM with EDGE (Class B, Multi Slot Class 32, max download 296 kbps, 177 kbps upload) and WiFi connectivity.
* Stereo speakers with surround sound, 3.5 mm audio jack, FM radio. Bluetooth 2.0 with A2DP and AVRCP Bluetooth stereo headphones prfile. Access to Nokia Music Store for purchasing music. Synchronize with Nokia Music for PC with USB 2.0 HiSpeed.
* Inbox Content: Nokia 5530 Xpress Music handset with a stylus, 4 GB MicroSD memory card (MU-43), Nokia Battery BL-4U, 1000mAh, Nokia High Efficiency Charger AC-8, for China: Nokia USB Charger AC-8C + CA-100C, Nokia Stereo Headset WH-205, Short Micro USB Connectivity Cable CA-101D, Mini DVD, user manual
* The phone is available in 6 attractive colors: black and red, white and blue, black and gray, white-pink-white-yellow.
Key differences from the Nokia 5800 Xpress Music
* Cost - the 5800, the costs of introduction was € 279 to € 200 for the Nokia 5530. Nearly 30% difference. When it launches in the UK in 5530 street price would be around £ 170 - £ 190, but probably at the time. The comparison with 5800, which began at £ 250 and n decreased by £ 225.
* Small size (2.9 inches against 3.2 inches).
* The 5530 is significantly smaller and lighter: 104 x 49 x 13 mm (68 cc) and 107g, against 111 x 51.7 x 15.5 mm (83 cc) and 109 G.
* No 3G connectivity, instead of 5530 is based on EDGE and WiFi.
* No integrated GPS, which limits the usefulness of the site software.
* Different screen. The 5530 has a carousel 20 of contact person (similar to 5630), instead of the four person fixed home screen 5800.
* Different box. The 5530 has a headset, no TV-Out cable, spare stylus plectrum or not, a small memory card and no bag.
Nokia 5530 Xpress Music Nokia 5530
The Nokia 5530 is an example of how Nokia aims to further the S60 mid-range market segment. It will be a touch cheaper smartphone on the market when it launches this year and uses the S60 platform important to provide music software and services.
Here is a video of Nokia Conversations:
"The feeling of the masses brings multimedia power of music at your fingertips - and comes with a very attractive, mass-market prices. This device is ideal for people who love through their music, their style, and friends that they hold. It comes in a choice of five vibrant color combinations, finished in a cool, stainless steel frame.
The Nokia 5530 is too powerful and fast. You can stack up to 12,000 songs and tons of videos and photos. It also integrated into a wireless LAN in some markets, and three months free and fast wireless internet - through a collaboration between Nokia and Boingo, which is working with hotspot operators around the world.
The Nokia 5530 Xpress Music is a young and bright, touch-screen phone that offers music and animation to life. "